Man “walks” again – level 1
A man falls from a window. He cannot move his legs. Scientists in Los Angeles help him.
They stimulate his spinal cord. They also give him a special suit. It is a robotic suit. It helps him walk. The man takes thousands of steps in the suit.
However, scientists do not call this walking. The man needs the suit to walk.
Difficult words: scientists (a person who is an expert in something), stimulate (make work more), spinal cord (a line of nerves which is in the back).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this man’s robotic suit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos