Man with a special sign – level 2
A 62-year-old man from Ohio is a bully. He harassed his neighbours for 15 years. The man spat on the mother, put dog poop on their house and screamed at the family.
The father and some children of the family are disabled. The man made fun of them, and he made their lives unpleasant. Now, people punish the bully.
The man must spend 15 days in jail, clean the streets for 100 hours and take anger management classes. He must also hold a special sign in public. The sign says, ”I am a bully”.
Difficult words: bully (somebody who hurts somebody weaker), harass (to make somebody’s life unpleasant), disabled (a disabled person cannot move some parts of his body or has problems with his brain).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you know people who should hold such a sign?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.