Many people on Machu Picchu – level 1
Machu Picchu is an old Incan city in Peru. People build it in the 15th century. It is the most popular destination in the country. In 2018, 1.5 million people visit Machu Picchu. After the coronavirus, more tourists come.
Tour operators sell too many tickets. Too many tourists come there. They wait in long lines. The place is crowded. Authorities stop all sale of tickets to Machu Picchu. They stop it for more than one week.
Tourists are angry. They come by bus or train. They can’t buy tickets. Some tour operators sell fake tickets.
4,044 people can visit Machu Picchu in one day. Authorities want to make the number 5,044. Local people are very unhappy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.