Marijuana in Thailand – level 1
Marijuana is legal in some countries. It is illegal in others. For example, it is illegal in south east Asian countries.
However, Thailand changes this. It becomes the first south east Asian country to make marijuana legal. People can sell it and buy it. They can use it as medicine.
The Thai government controls, who sells marijuana. You can use it. However, you must have a certificate.
Difficult words: legal (you can do/buy legal things), illegal (you must not do/buy illegal things), government (the ‘bosses’ of a country), certificate (a paper that says what you are allowed to do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos