Marks & Spencer Christmas ad makes people angry – level 1
Every year, people are excited about Mark and Spencer’s Christmas ad. But this year, some people are not happy with it.
M&S puts a picture on Instagram. The picture shows Christmas party hats in the colors of the Palestinian flag. The hats are burning. M&S explains that it is just a funny picture from their TV ad. They want to show that some people do not like paper Christmas hats. They make the ad in August before the Israel-Gaza conflict starts. M&S says that the hats are usual Christmas colors, like red, green, and silver. They say sorry.
Some people are upset. They do not like the picture, but others say that the picture is okay.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about M&S' Christmas ad and how they depicted the colors of the Palestinian flag?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.