Martin Shkreli – level 1
Martin Shkreli is from a pharmaceutical company. He raises the price of lifesaving drugs. People do not like him.
He also commits fraud. He offers $5,000 online for Hillary Clinton’s hair.
He is found guilty in the court of law. He can go to prison for 20 years.
Difficult words: pharmaceutical company (a company which makes drugs), commit fraud (do something illegal with money), be found guilty (if you are found guilty of something, people say that you did it and must go to prison).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.