Medical 3D printing helps babies – level 1
Two doctors work at a university hospital. It is in Michigan, USA. The doctors see babies die. The babies die from problems with breathing. The doctors want to help them.
The doctors meet a baby. He is going to die soon. He has a problem with his airway. The doctors use 3D printing. They make him a splint. It will help him breathe. They give him the splint.
The splint is special. It grows when he grows. It goes away when he is older. It will be gone when he doesn’t need it anymore.
The baby is healthy now! Two more babies are healthy, also.
Difficult words: breathe (to move air to and from your body), 3D printing (when you print a thing), splint (a thing that holds something open).
What do you think about medical 3D printing?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.