Metro tickets to cost more during the Olympics – level 2
During the 2024 Olympics, Paris metro ticket prices will nearly double. Some people are not sure if the city’s transport is ready for such a big event.
The president of the Paris region assures that residents with passes won’t pay more money, while visitors will pay a fair price. A new Paris 2024 pass will cost 16 euros per day and up to 70 euros weekly. The mayor previously said that Paris was not ready, and he asked the president to deal with it. Transport Minister Clement Beaune supports the president. He said that it was important there were no delays for Parisians during the Olympics.
The president says that it is necessary to spare residents from increased costs. He says that visitors, not French people, should pay for these things.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures are being taken to ensure that France residents will not be negatively impacted by the increased ticket prices during the 2024 Olympics?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.