Mexico City Cable Car – level 1
Mexico City has its first cable car. A cable car is a system of cabins. They hang on a cable. People sit inside. They travel up and down a hill or mountain.
The cable car is in a rocky part of the city. People live far from the city center. The journey to work or school is very long for them.
They can get to the metro in the cable car. People can travel much faster. The cable car has five stations. Ten people can sit in one cabin. The cable car can carry about 96,000 people every day.
People are very happy. The cable car changes their lives.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.