Michelin Chef in a Canteen – level 1
Peter Fruehsammer is a chef. He cooks in a Michelin star restaurant in Germany. Only the best restaurants in the world get a Michelin star. It is the highest reward for a restaurant.
Restaurants in Germany close during the coronavirus pandemic. Peter starts to work in a hospital in Bad Belzig. He cooks for patients and for people who work in the hospital.
Peter uses only fresh food. He says that fresh food helps patients get healthy. Healthy food is important for a healthy body.
People who work in the hospital love Peter´s meals. Some people do not go to the canteen in the past. Now they go there every day. They eat meals that they never eat before.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.