Microchips in the skin – level 2
An office in Sweden is doing something unusual by implanting microchips in its workers. With the microchips, the workers can open doors, share contact information and use the copy machine. One worker said that it was scary but exciting.
The workers get the microchips only if they want to get them. The boss of the office said that the microchips also could be used for making payments or sending information to your doctor. He said that only you grant access to the people and the places you send information with the microchip.
Difficult words: implant (to place inside the skin), microchip (a very small electronic part that normally goes inside computers and other electronics), grant access (to allow someone to get something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you get a microchip in your body?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.