Microplastics in human blood – level 2
Scientists took blood samples from 22 people, and they found microplastics in 17 of them.
This was the first time that scientists found microplastics in human blood, but they weren’t surprised. Plastic is all around us, and it is very dangerous for the environment. Microplastics are in the air which people breathe, and they are even in food which people eat.
Nobody really knows what they will do to us, but there will be more microplastics in the future. Scientists worry that when they are in people’s blood, they could also go into their body parts.
This problem is difficult to solve, and it’ll be a great challenge for future generations.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.