Missile Bases in North Korea – level 3
Donald Trump and Kim Kim Jong-un signed a vague denuclearisation agreement in June, but there has been no evidence of North Korea disassembling its missile program.
Furthermore, Beyond Parallel looked into North Korea. Beyond Parallel is a self-described ‘non-partisan or authoritative analytic’ project that the Centre for Strategic and International Studies sponsors.
The project found a secret operational ballistic missile base in North Korea. The report says that this one is one of the oldest bases, and one of about 20 undeclared missile operating bases in the country. In the past, the base reportedly housed medium-range ballistic missiles and ‘figured prominently in the historical development of the North Korean force.’
The report comes ahead of a planned second meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un in February, which people expect to take place somewhere in Vietnam.
Difficult words: vague (not specific), non-partisan (not a part of a political group/country), prominent (important).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos