Missing Actress – level 3
‘Glee’ star, Naya Rivera, is missing after taking a boat trip with her four-year-old son. Shortly before disappearing on Lake Piru near Los Angeles, California, she posted a photo of her and her son.
Officials said that the 33-year-old actress rented a boat on Wednesday afternoon at the lake, and later, police found her son alone on the boat. The boy had a life vest on, and an adult life vest was found on the boat, too. Police helicopters and divers are scouring the lake for any sign of the missing actress; however, officials presume that she has drowned.
Rivera is best known for a role in the TV show ‘Glee’ where she played a cheerleader named Santana Lopez for six years.
Difficult words: life vest (a special type of clothing that makes people stay above water), scour (to search something thoroughly), presume (to guess based on evidence), drown (to die from being underwater and unable to breathe).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.