Moby the Boat – level 3
Former SAS soldier Tom McClean has spent 100,000 pounds and 2 decades building his 20-metre boat in the shape of a whale.
Moby the boat is set to take her 73-year-old creator on a journey from Loch Nevis in Scotland to London and then New York, USA, which is a 5,600-kilometre adventure.
When asked why, the man says, ‘Why not?’ He does things instead of watching television, and he aims to get environmental companies to be involved so he can help the planet as well.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you ride this boat from England to New York?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.