Models with Down’s Syndrome – level 1
There is an organisation. It helps people with Down’s Syndrome. This year it raises money for research and medical help. It raises $2.1 million.
It holds a fashion show. It is called “Be Beautiful, Be Yourself”. This means that you are beautiful the way that you are. Famous people walk with models with Down’s Syndrome in the fashion show. Two of the people in the show are sister and brother. The sister is one of the models. The brother is one of the famous people.
Difficult words: Down’s Syndrome (sometimes when babies are born, they have a condition that changes their brain and how their look), research (find out information about something; science, testing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos