Money on the road – level 1
It is Friday morning. A special vehicle travels on a California, USA, large road. The vehicle is full of bags of money. One of the doors suddenly opens. Some bags fall onto the road. There is money everywhere.
Other drivers see the money. They stop. They quickly get the money. Their cars block the road. Other cars must stop, too. They cannot move for two hours.
California officials must learn what happens. The FBI helps them. People must bring the money to the officials. The police have many videos. They know who these people are.
Difficult words: suddenly (when something happens quickly, and nobody expects it), block (to stop or make it difficult to move through a place), FBI (the US government organization which helps when someone breaks a US law).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.