More people play golf – level 3
While most sports struggled to survive the pandemic, golf thrived, becoming more popular than it had been in decades.
As the pandemic began in 2020, people needed some way to get out of the house. In 2020, the world shut down, and golf associations were concerned about solvency and if people would play golf again.
However, there has been a resurgence. Last year, there were 24.8 million golfers in the US, an increase of about 500,000 or 2% over 2019, which was the largest increase in 17 years.
The pandemic may be a part of it; however, companies and technologies are also playing a role. There are changes to the game itself. Everybody is welcome to play, the sport is becoming cooler, and there are technologies both on and off the course that make the game more accessible.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.