Museum on Fire – level 2
A massive fire tore thought the Museum of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro last Sunday. The museum is 200 years old, and it lost more than 20,000 items.
Firefighters worked through the night to bring the fire under control. We do not know how the fire began. However, the building was old and not in a good state. Brazil’s president said that this was a sad day for all Brazilians.
Difficult words: tear (destroy, move though quickly), item (a thing, usually a special one).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos