NASA Makes Ventilator – level 1
People in NASA build a new ventilator. NASA builds the ventilator in 37 days. The ventilator helps people with the coronavirus.
The ventilator is different. It is less complicated than usual ventilators. It has fewer parts. It is not difficult to buy the parts.
Medical workers can work with the ventilator more easily. The ventilator can work for three or four months. It is good only for people with the coronavirus. They do not need more complicated ventilators. It is possible to change some parts of the ventilator. Field hospitals can use it in emergency situations.
NASA’s workers are happy. They help medical workers and hospitals.
Difficult words: ventilator (a machine that helps people breathe), complicated (when something has many parts, and it is not easy to understand it), filed hospital (a hospital that people build quickly, and it helps in emergency situations).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos