NASA Makes Ventilator – level 2
NASA made a new type of a ventilator for patients with the coronavirus. The ventilator is not as advanced as a traditional ventilator, and NASA intended that the ventilator could work only for three to four months.
The ventilator is suitable for coronavirus patients who do not need more advanced ventilators. However, NASA built it faster and used fewer parts than in traditional ventilators.
Medical workers can also operate it more easily. All parts are available in supply chains, and it is possible to change the ventilator for big field hospitals around the world.
The director of NASA’s laboratory in California said that the staff is happy to help the medical community.
Difficult words: advanced (new and modern), supply chain (a way how goods and services get from a company to customers), field hospital (a hospital that people build quickly, and it helps in emergency situations).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.