NASA Mission Delayed – level 2
NASA is working on its most powerful rocket, which is a part of its mission to the moon. The agency is planning to send the first woman and the next man to the moon by 2024.
Last week, NASA´s Artemis moon program stopped. The agency is closing its facilities because of coronavirus. There are many cases of coronavirus in the US, and one member of the NASA team has a positive test for coronavirus, too.
NASA said that the delay will have in impact on its missions. However, the health and safety of its employees is the most important thing at the moment.
Difficult words: mission (when a group of people go to a place, usually far away, and they work there and represent their country), facility (a building where people do specific work), impact (a big change).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.