NASA Rocket Test – level 1
The US space organization, NASA, wants to send a rocket to the moon. People are very excited. NASA will send a rocket to the moon after more than 50 years.
Last week, NASA does a test of a booster rocket. A booster rocket takes the rocket off the ground. It is very strong. It burns six tons of fuel every second.
After the takeoff, it uses some of its power during the first two minutes. During the test, workers must hold the booster rocket to the ground.
A NASA rocket has two booster rockets. The rocket is the biggest NASA rocket since the 1960s.
Difficult words: NASA (the short name of the National Aeronautic Space Agency, the organization in the US that does work in space), fuel (a material that burns, and it makes power), takeoff (when a plane or rocket leaves the ground).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.