Nashville Bombing – level 1
A bomb explodes in Nashville, Tennessee, US. The bombing happens on Christmas Day.
At least eight people must go to hospital. The explosion damages many buildings. Glass breaks 500 meters away. The bomb is inside a campervan. A campervan is a big car. It has beds inside. People use it for holidays or vacations.
Police know the name of the bomber. He is 63 years old. He lives in the area. The campervan belongs to him. The man dies in the bombing.
People say that he is not a very friendly person. He does not speak very much. Now, police must get more information about him. They do not know why he plans the bombing.
Difficult words: explode (to burst with big power and noise), bombing (when a bomb explodes), Christmas Day (December 25), damage (to break into many pieces), explosion (the moment when something explodes, usually a bomb).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.