NATO beer – level 3
A small Finnish brewery is only a few kilometers from the Russian border. It has launched a NATO-themed beer to celebrate the Nordic country’s NATO application.
Olaf Brewing’s OTAN lager features a blue label with a cartoon version of a medieval knight in metal armor, emblazoned with NATO’s compass symbol. The beer’s name is a joke on the Finnish expression ‘Otan olutta’, that means ‘I’ll have a beer’, and the French abbreviation of NATO, which is ‘OTAN’. The CEO of the family-run brewery said that the brew had a taste of security with a hint of freedom.
Last week, Finland and Sweden applied to join the Western military alliance, a decision spurred by their concern over the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.