Netflix has more subscribers – level 3
Netflix’s efforts to curb password-sharing likely increased its subscriber count by around 6 million during the third quarter.
The company, which is the only major streaming platform that’s profitable, is expected to announce potential price hikes when it reports earnings. Unlike its competitors, such as Disney, Netflix hasn’t raised its ad-free subscription prices and instead focused on limiting password-sharing outside of households. Some analysts have compared Netflix to a utility due to its widespread usage. They believe the challenge for Netflix is to sustain growth as it matures. A recent strike by Hollywood actors may impact Netflix’s pricing strategy once it concludes.
The Writers Guild of America recently reached a new contract with major studios, but Netflix, with its strong content library and international presence, managed the strike well. In the future, Netflix is anticipated to raise prices for its ad-free options to encourage more users to choose these plans, as most new subscribers following the password crackdown have preferred them over ad-supported plans.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What effect could potential price hikes have on Netflix's subscriber count and revenue?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.