Netflix Helps Workers – level 1
Many people are not working because of the coronavirus. An official at Netflix says that Netflix is going to help some of its workers.
Netflix has a $100 million fund. The money goes to the workers who are paid by the hour. They work all over the world.
Netflix stops production on some shows a few weeks ago. These are shows like ‘Stranger Things’ and ‘The Witcher.’
Netflix is also going to give $15 million to other workers. These workers are in countries where Netflix normally makes shows or movies.
Difficult words: fund (a lot of money for a specific activity), pay by the hour (when you get money at your job from how many hours you work), production (when people make creative things, such as plays, TV shows, or movies).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.