New 0-100 acceleration world record – level 1
Students in Switzerland make a very fast electric car. The car is called Mythen.
It is special because it can go from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in less than a second. It drives just 12.3 meters to reach 100 kilometers per hour. This makes it the fastest electric car in the world. It is the Guinness World record.
About 30 students work on the car for almost one year. They make everything for the car. The car is very different from any other car. It is so fast only because the students work very hard. They think about every part of the car.
The car is not heavy. It weighs only 140 kilograms. But has the power of about 240 kilowatts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What innovative technologies do the students use to make the Mythen car so fast?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.