New 0-100 acceleration world – level 2
Students from Zurich and Lucerne, Switzerland, created an electric racing car called Mythen.
This car recently broke the world record for electric vehicle acceleration when it accelerated from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in less than a second. During this time, it drove 12.3 meters.
Around 30 people worked on this project for nearly a year. They designed and optimized all parts of the car, from electrical connections to the chassis and battery. The car weighs 140 kilograms but has the power of 240 kilowatts of power.
The driver Kate Maggetti took on the challenge. Experts said that the project was successful only thanks to the collaboration of students and their hard work to find new and unusual solutions.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What innovative strategies did the team from Zurich and Lucerne use to optimize and design the car's electrical connections, chassis and battery?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.