New Alzheimer´s Drug – level 1
A US company tests a new drug. The drug helps slow Alzheimer´s disease.
A disease is a very serious sickness. Alzheimer´s disease affects the brain and the nerves. It is a very serious disease. It usually affects people who are 65 years old and more.
People with Alzheimer´s sometimes cannot remember things. Sometimes they cannot solve simple tasks. The disease gets worse over time.
No drug exists that stops the disease. But a new drug can make a patient´s life easier.
Some people do not believe that the new drug is good. The company tests the drug in the past. One of two tests is bad. But the company has information that the drug works well this time.
Difficult words: affect (to have an impact on something), brain (an organ in the head that controls the whole body), nerves (parts in the body that tells your body how you are feeling or how the organs work together), tasks (what somebody must do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.