New Data Law – level 1
Two American senators talk about Internet companies. They say that the companies get data about people. They can use this data. They can sell the data to other companies.
People do not know what data the companies have. They do not know if the companies sell the data about them. They do not know how much somebody pays for data.
The senators talk about a new law. This law is for big companies like Facebook and Google. If the law passes, these companies must tell people about the data. They must tell them what they know. They must tell them if they sell it to another company.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.