New Land in Hawaii – level 3
Kilauea volcano on the Island of Hawaiʻi, the biggest of the Hawaiian Islands, explosively erupted this May and has been a serious threat ever since. People say that there is no way to tell when the eruption will end.
As the lava moved towards the Kapoho Bay, Hawaii’s largest freshwater lake vaporised in a matter of hours. The lava flow is still active and leaves behind a jagged landscape.
Nearly a mile of new land formed when the mass of lava came into contact with the ocean. Any new land masses that form in the national park belong to the state.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.