New Lego factory in the US – level 2
Danish toymaker Lego is planning to build a new factory in the US. The factory will be in Virginia, and it is a part of the company’s plan to move toy creation closer to its biggest market.
Recently, the global supply chain had many problems, and the cost of transportation increased, too. A factory in the US was a good way to lower the effects of global problems.
The new factory will have 160,000 square meters, and it’ll give jobs to more than 1,760 people. Currently, it gives jobs to 24,000 people in all the world, and it makes around 100 billion colored bricks every year. Last year, the comany made more than $8 billion.
Difficult words: market (a place or country, where people buy and sell things), supply chain (all the activities and the people which make products and send them to customers), global (all over the world).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.