New Lego factory in the US – level 3
Danish toy production company Lego is investing more than $1 billion in a factory in the US. The factory is a part of a plan to shorten supply chains and compete with the demand in one of its biggest markets.
Lego said that the 160,000-square-meter factory will be carbon neutral, and it’ll be located in Virginia.
The investment is in line with the company’s strategy to place production close to its important markets and to avoid recent problems in the global retail industry. The plant is scheduled to be operational in the second part of 2025, and it’ll employ more than 1,760 people.
The company employs around 24,000 people worldwide, and it produces around 100 billion colored bricks every year. Its sales grew 27% in 2021 to more than $8 billion.
Difficult words: carbon neutral (companies or processes that balance the spread of carbon dioxide when they remove it from the environment), in line (in agreement with plans, rules, or policy), operational (ready to work).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos