New sensors help women – level 1
Scientists make three sensors. These sensors help during labor. Labor is the time when a baby is coming out of a woman’s body.
Doctors check many things during labor. They check the woman’s temperature, pulse, and heart rate. Sensors usually have wires. A woman must stay in hospital in one room. Many wires connect to a computer.
These sensors are different. They have no wires. They communicate with each other. Doctors check the results on a screen. The good thing is that a woman can be at home. She comes to hospital when the labor starts.
Difficult words: sensor (a device which checks how something is working), heart rate (how fast a heart is beating), wire (a long thin cable through which electricity goes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos