New Ways of Business – level 2
Officials are afraid of coronavirus, and they cancel all public events. Theaters, cinemas and concert venues are closing down. People who work in the business try to continue their work.
Some people are raising money to support theaters and their workers. Owners of theaters are coming up with new ideas, and they start to livestream their shows. Sometimes the live shows are very successful, and theaters sell more tickets than the actual theater capacity.
Other small businesses can work online too. For example, yoga instructors can offer free online classes, and when they get enough customers, they can start a new way of business.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.