No Helmets in American Football – level 2
Officials of American football have a lot of problems with their players incurring head injuries. Ex-players are suing them because of serious problems from the head injuries, such as concussions, depression, and memory loss.
Now, the officials want to ban football helmets. They hope that without the helmets, the players won’t get so hurt. However, others say that this is incorrect because collisions will still happen in a game where the players play by running into one another.
Difficult words: incur (to get), sue (to take to court), concussion (when you hit your head very hard and it hurts your brain), collision (crash).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that American football is safe?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos