No tattoos for Apple Watch – level 2
The Apple Watch went on sale last week, and people who have tattoos are finding out that their Apple Watch does not work well with tattoos. They went on social media to let other people know.
On the underside of the watch are sensors, and tattoos can confuse them. The watch will not correctly lock, read your heartrate, or read your blood flow. An Apple website says that the tattoos will interfere with the readings but it does not say that it will interfere with other functions.
Difficult words: sensor (an electronic thing that knows when something happens), interfere (to make it hard to do something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the Apple Watch?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.