Nobel Chemistry Prize – level 1
Three scientists win the Nobel Prize in chemistry this year. They create a lithium-ion battery. People across the world use it every day. It is in cellphones, laptops, or electronic vehicles. It is in the market since 1991. Our lives are very different, thanks to this battery.
M. Stanley Whittingham makes the first battery in the 1970s. This battery is not very good. It explodes. In the 1980s, John B. Goodenough makes some changes to the battery. In 1985, Akira Yoshino creates the first lithium-ion battery.
This battery is very important for all people. It is a start of wireless society that does not use fossil fuels.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.