North and South Korea – level 2
North and South Korea are enemies. The situation between the two countries got worse after land mines wounded two South Korean soldiers along the border.
South Korea said that North Korea put the land mines there, but North Korea said that this was not true. Because of this, and other reasons as well, there are tensions between the countries. There might be war coming.
North Korea’s television showed young people who want to go to war and destroy South Korea. South Korean reservists put photos of their military uniforms on the Internet and said that they are ready to fight.
Difficult words: wound (to damage the body), tension (a stressful, difficult situation), reservist (a person who becomes a soldier when there’s war).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation between North and South Korea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.