North Korea’s Rocket Test – level 2
North Korea is testing a new rocket system. It is the third time since August.
This week, North Korea fired a rocket which flew more than 200 miles and landed in the sea between North Korea and Japan. North Korean news says that this rocket can totally destroy a target.
Last month, the US met with North Korea to discuss North Korea’s nuclear program. The meeting did not end well because North Korea said that the US has old-fashioned ideas. The US does not agree with that. However, North Korea says that the US must prepare a better plan before the end of December.
Difficult words: fire (to shoot), destroy (to damage something so badly that it is not possible to use it anymore), target (a person or an object which is attacked).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos