Not enough baby formula – level 1
Baby formula in the US has a big problem. Baby formula is usually a powder. You mix it with water. You give it to a baby instead of breast milk.
One US company sells some baby formulas. Some parents say that their babies are sick after they drink them. Some babies must go to hospital. One baby dies.
A few days later, the company stops selling two of its formulas. Parents can’t buy them in shops.
Some parents buy them from abroad. Many online shops don’t have the formula anymore. Some parents have formula only for a few weeks.
Four big companies make baby formula in the US. Problems for one company make problems for the others. Some people also worry that baby formulas are not safe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.