Old Letter in a Chimney – level 3
Builders found a 74-year-old Christmas letter by accident in England when they were tearing down an old chimney. They said that they normally find old newspapers, matchboxes, cigarettes or boxes but nothing like this.
One of the builders posted a picture of the letter on Facebook to show how times have changed – kids today ask a lot more than just chalk, slippers and any toy that Santa had to spare. Since the letter was online, the now-grown-up little boy who wrote the letter got in touch.
Although the boy’s letter may not have been answered all those years ago, the builders decided in the Christmas spirit to gift him those presents that he longed for when he was a little boy.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about the builders finding the old man’s letter?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.