Old NASA Towers – level 2
Cape Canaveral in Florida became the test site for missiles in 1949. People built the Space Complex 17 in 1956, and many iconic rockets launched from it between 1958 and 2011.
However, the two launch towers at the complex are very old. People demolished them last Thursday to make room for a new launch site.
Difficult words: cape (a narrow piece of land that goes from land to the sea), missile (rocket, a tall thing that flies), launch (go up to space).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos