Old ship discovery – level 3
Swedish marine archaeologists found a shipwreck of the ship Applet; they believed it was the long-lost sister ship of the warship Vasa.
Vasa was 69 meters long, and it sank on its maiden voyage in Stockholm in 1628 after sailing just over 900 meters.
Vasa is known as the world’s best preserved 17th century ship. The same shipbuilder constructed Applet, and it launched in 1629.
When divers discovered the shipwreck, they found it to was similar to Vasa. Both the construction and the powerful dimensions sparked the hope of finding one of its sister ships.
Parts of the ship’s side had sunk to the bottom of the sea; however, the hull was preserved to a lower gun deck. Archaeologists said that Applet will stay on the seabed where the water protects it.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.