Old tomb in Greece – level 2
Greek scientists uncovered an underground grave with a skeleton in a tomb. People built the tomb in the 4th century BC around the time of Alexander the Great.
The skeleton belonged to a well-known person because people used a lot of marble on the tomb. Experts say that the tomb could belong to a friend or family member of Alexander the Great.
Scientists started digging out the tomb in August. They found pieces of glass and bone which decorated the tomb.
Difficult words: tomb (place where a dead person is buried), BC (before Christ), marble (an expensive type of rock).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you excited about the find?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.