Oldest Lollipop Lady – level 2
This news is about Margaret Cattle who was a lollipop lady. She watched over a crossing in England for 45 years.
She says that she was very nervous on the first day. It was her first time doing the job.
People say that she is really nice, and that she made them feel safe. No one got hurt on the crossing. She is proud of her achievement, and she is retiring now. She is the longest-serving lollipop lady.
Difficult words: lollipop lady (a woman who helps children cross a road near a school safely), achievement (something good that you do), retire (stop working because of your age).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.