Oldest Message in a Bottle – level 2
A woman in Australia was picking up rubbish on a beach when she found a bottle with a message inside it.
It turns out that the bottle came from Germany in 1886, and the message was also old and from a German captain.
The find is the oldest message in a bottle in the world! You can see it in the Western Australia Museum.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.