Olympics Delayed – level 2
The Japanese prime minister and the international Olympic committee president agreed on a proposal to delay the Olympics to 2021. The Olympics must happen before the fall of 2021.
The prime minister said that they decided this to protect the health and safety of everyone in the event. They said that they wish that the Olympics can be a symbol of hope to the world. The Olympic flame will stay in Japan and the event name will remain the same.
In Japan, there are more than 1,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus, and worldwide, there are almost 400,000 confirmed cases, as reported by Johns Hopkins University as of Tuesday morning.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.