One charger for all devices – level 1
The European government writes a new law. The law says that all devices in the EU must use the same charging port.
In 2024, all cameras, mobile phones, and tablets must use the same charging port. In 2026, laptops must use the same one. The port will be best for Android devices.
Apple must change its ports. The company says that it will cost too much money. It will also be bad for new technology.
The new law will save tons of waste every year. It will save a lot of money. It will also be good for people. They won’t need different chargers for different devices.
Difficult words: law (an official rule which people must follow), device (a small electronic machine), charging port (an electronic part to help you give power to a device).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos